For information about working at Yawgoog Scout Reservation click here
For information about working at Cachalot Scout Reservation click here
For information about working as a Commissioned Scouting Professional click here
Cub Camp Staff & COPE Opportunities
The Narragansett Council is currently seeking quality individuals to serve as members of the 2014 Camp Staff. Serving as a member of the Camp Staff is a great opportunity! Not only will you have fun and develop many great leadership skills, but you will also make many new friends as you make a difference in the lives of many Scouts and Leaders. We are looking for Day Camp staff, Cub World Staff, and 2014 COPE staff.
Why Apply to Serve on Staff?
Here are some of the countless reasons why individuals throughout the country have served:
• To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
• To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
• To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
• To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
• To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
• To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
• To work with youth and adults of all ages
• To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
• To give something back for the opportunities you have received
• To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Scout Law
• To have meaningful spiritual experiences
• To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
• To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun
• To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
To serve as a member of the Camp Staff or COPE staff, you must:
• be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America, or be willing to register if offered a position.
• live by the Scout Oath & Law, and have a desire to grow the Scouting Program.
• meet any age or certification requirements for the position sought/offered.
• abide by the Staff Guidelines and Code of Conduct
• be willing to have fun!
What Camps & Programs are there?
The Narragansett Council offers a variety of Scouting programs throughout the summer at each of the following locations.
-Champlin Scout Reservation
-Colt State Park
-Fall River Rod and Gun Club
How to Apply & Interview Information
Please fill out the appropriate application and attend the job February 8 at the Council Office from 10am-2pm. For all interested individuals, please bring with you your full application, adult application w/CORE or proof of membership, and proof of youth protection training.
If you are interested in applying for a COPE position, those positions run from May 1-June 15 and start back up in September – November 15th. We will be interviewing for COPE staff at the Council Office on February 8th from 2pm-3pm.
Click here for the Day Camp Application
Click here for the Cub World Application